1) When is the Contest open?
The Contest is open from June 1 – 30, 2023.
2) Who is the Contest open to?
Legal residents of Canada including Quebec who are the age of majority in their province or territory of residence at the time of entry and who are not EU citizens.
3) What are the prizes?
The Grand-Prize consists of $6,000 cash towards flights to Italy and accommodations for two people, and a VIP tour of Ruffino’s vineyard valued at $1,000 CAD, plus the possibility to purchase tickets and attend the Venice Film Festival.
4) How do I enter the Contest?
Please Note: You must provide your Instagram Handle in order to earn an Instagram bonus entry (as further described below).
5) How can I earn Bonus Entries?
There are two (2) ways to earn bonus entries:
- Sharing Bonus Entry: Share the Contest using a valid Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, WhatsApp or Pinterest account or by email to earn one (1) bonus entry. Limit of one (1) Sharing Bonus Entry during the Contest Period.
- Instagram Bonus Entry: Post a photo to Instagram from a public profile of a dish you’ve created from the Barilla pasta map on CinemaBarilla.com and list the recipe in the description. Your post must include the hashtag #CinemaBarilla and tag @barillacanada, @ruffinocanada for your bonus entry to be eligible from an open Instagram profile. Limit of ten (10) Instagram Bonus Entry during the Contest Period.
6) How many times can I enter?
Limit of twelve (12) entries per person during the Contest Period, inclusive of bonus entries.
7) How are the winners decided?
The potential Grand Prize Winner will be selected in a random drawing to be conducted at the Administrator’s or its designee’s offices. This is done via special software that automates the process.
8) When and how will the Grand Prize Winner be notified?
The Grand Prize Winner will be notified on or about July 4, 2023. The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by a designated representative of the Administrator at the email provided at the time of entry. The designated representative will make a minimum of two (2) attempts to contact the potential winner. The potential winner will be required to respond to the email notification and complete an Affidavit of Eligibility & Liability / Publicity Release within seventy-two (72) hours of initial notification, otherwise, they may be disqualified, and an alternate winner will be randomly drawn for the prize. For more details, please see the Official Rules.
9) Do I have to use the cash prize money towards a trip to Italy?
Of course, we encourage the winner to use the cash prize to take a trip to Italy and discover the beauty of this country. You also need to be in Italy to take advantage of the VIP tour of Ruffino’s vineyards in Tuscany valued at $1,000 CAD. The purchase of tickets to attend the Venice Festival is optional as we understand the dates of the festival may not coincide with your travel dates.
10) What if I am unavailable to travel to the Venice Film Festival in August? Will that impact my chances to win?
The Venice Film Festival and purchasing of the tickets towards the festival is completely up to the winner’s discretion. It is just being encouraged by Barilla and its affiliates but purchasing tickets or attending the Venice Film Festival is not mandatory for the winner. Once the winner is selected, they will coordinate with the contest administrator, RAVEN5, to receive the cash prize in which case they can choose how and when to spend it.
11) Why isn’t the link working for me?
If you have trouble viewing the link, please ensure that you are using a modern device and/or platform and/or browser. We suggest you try a hard-refresh (hold shift and click the refresh button) and clear your cookies. Beyond that, it’s possible that because of high traffic to the website, it may take a moment to load. Please be patient and try again later if you’re unable to access the website.
12) I think I’m having technical issues. What should I do?
13) Why does it say my email address is invalid?
Please ensure you have no spaces typed after your email address — this is usually the cause of this issue. Please also ensure that your email matches in both boxes.
14) Who do I contact regarding an inquiry not listed here?
Please direct your requests to the contest or sweepstakes administrator by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to identify yourself by providing your full name and explain the request in as much detail as possible. The administrator will carefully review and assess each request and respond within a timely manner.
15) If I win, how do I plan and coordinate the trip to the vineyard with Ruffino wines?
A representative from Arterra wines will be provided to you once you have been confirmed a winner. When you choose to travel to Italy, you can get in touch with the Arterra representative who will help you plan the vineyard tour valued at $1,000 CAD.